The original core of the building dates back to the mid-fifteenth century, probably commissioned by a branch of the wealthy family Malabayla of Asti, that had moved from Asti to Bra. The most ancient representation of the building was found in the view of the town of the “Theatrum Sabaudiae”. On a watercolor painting of 1870 are represented in perspective the façade with the Ghibelline merlons on its top and the southern side with its wooden balconies. The Neo-Baroque portals and Neo-Gothic tower were added by Traversa Family at the beginning of the 20th Century. Today, the building houses the Civic Museum with its two sections; the artistic collection gathers paintings and sculptures dating back from the 17th to the 20th century, whilst in the archaeological section are preserved the Roman remains found in Pollenzo.
Via Parpera n. 4
tel. 0172.423880 – email@example.com
Info, timetables and tickets: www.museidibra.it
Photo: Tino Gerbaldo